This blog has been a little neglected lately, and now that work is starting to slow down a bit, I’m happy to return my attention to it. Terse Tuesday posts are fine, but a girl needs variety in her expression!
And speaking of expressions, here a few of the whisky-inspired links that tickled my fancy over the last few weeks:
- Last Friday marked the 81st anniversary of the day our bourbon-drinking neighbours to the south repealed Prohibition. Here are ten appropriately festive cocktails to enjoy now and through the holiday season. (I find this one, which calls for balsamic- and apple-infused Woodford, especially appealing.
- Counting down the days until Christmas? I hope it’s with this dram-a-day Advent calendar! I can’t believe I discovered these existed only last week! You can bet I won’t miss out next year.
- There are those who believe that water mixes with whisky as well as it does with oil. While I do prefer most whiskies neat, a drop of the real aqua vita can really enhance some drams. Here the Bourbon Guy shares his thoughts on dilution.
- Though as a whisky-drinking woman I’m a little annoyed by Harry Rosen’s CEO’s “boys will be boys and they love scotch” comment, I love the sentiment behind this promo event for The Macallan: it’s not the age that matters but the cask. Now, go hug a cooper.
- Where do good barrels go when they die? The garden centre crowd has one idea, but here’s a better one. Show your love for whisky by keeping a piece of monogrammed cask close to your heart. Dear Santa…